Resources for Action
Here are some links to groups who work hands-on:
Appropedia -- Appropedia is the site for collaborative solutions in sustainability, poverty reduction and international development. Appropedia helps us sustain our world.
Bill Wilson Center - Our mission is to support and strengthen the community by serving youth and families through counseling, housing, education, and advocacy. Bill Wilson Center serves over 8,000 clients per year.
California Interfaith Power & Light (Our Faith, Our Planet, Our Responsibility) -- a religious response to global warming
Charter for Compassion -- The Charter of Compassion is a cooperative effort to restore not only compassionate thinking but, more importantly, compassionate action to the center of religious, moral and political life. At its 2010 annual meeting the St. Jude's parish community voted to affirm the Charter.
- NetsforLife®: Our Malaria/NetsforLife® Inspiration Fund helps to combat malaria, a preventable disease that kills one million people each year, through NetsforLife® – a program that empowers communities by providing life-saving prevention training and long-lasting insecticide-treated nets. The NetsforLife® Inspiration Fund invites everyone to join our national campaign to fight malaria!
- The Power of Partnerships: Learn how partnerhsips to alleviate global suffering – with dioceses, churches, non-governmental organizations, donors and others – enable Episcopal Relief & Development to transform the lives of millions of people every year..
Millenium Development Goals - UN Initiative -- by 2015:
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger
- Achieve Universal Primary Education
- Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women
- Reduce Child Mortality
- Improve Maternal Health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Other Diseases
- Ensure Environment Sustainability
- Develop a Global Partnership for Development
Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith, you are welcome here.