Diocesan Communications (November)
- Annual Meeting of Convention November 8 & 9--Call for Convention Volunteers: Since our deanery is hosting the Convention this year at St. Andrew's, lots of volunteers will be needed for: Registration, Hospitality, (to keep coffee, tea, etc. fresh), Box Lunch Ticket-Checkers, Ballot Counters, Clean-up, Traffic directors—Please contact Joanna Shreve at JRShreve@aol.com. (Times/details on Communications table.) For Housing (providing a bed Friday night, breakfast and possibly a ride to St. Andrews early Saturday morning), please contact Pat Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All invited to Convention Dinner at 7:00 pm on November 8--We would like to invite the greater community to join us for a festive evening after Convention business is concluded. Dinner will be available for purchase from various Food Trucks with an array of dining choices; some surprise and fun activities are being planned. Please pass the word to family and friends.
- Bishop’s Appeal--The goal of $200,000 per year for three years would fund two part-time diocesan positions, one for a Communications Officer and one for a Giving Officer. The third objective is to create a Mission Opportunity Fund. Learn more about the Bishop’s Appeal at http://www.edecr.org/page_content.php?i=150; make any donations at http://www.edecr.org/blog/donate/.
- San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers members will perform at St. Mark's, Santa Clara on Sunday, November 10 at 2pm, playing Scottish, Irish, and Scandinavian music.
- Bishop’s Ranch Retreats—See http://www.bishopsranch.org/programs.html for details.
- The Good News Along the King’s Highway is the weekly format for diocesan news and to register for events and details about all of the above and much more can be found there. Go to http://www.edecr.org/subscription_detail.php?si=3&page=1 to read current issue, link to past issues and to subscribe to get in your Friday email. Please send news/photos about parish events to Mary Beth Powell at MaryBeth@edecr.org.
For more diocesan or deanery information, contact Linda Morris, St. Jude’s Diocesan Communications Liaison, at email@example.com or 408-376-0593. St. Jude’s website page for Diocesan and Episcopal news is at http://saintjudes.org/beyond-saint-judes.
Whoever you are, wherever you are on your journey of faith, you are welcome here.